We are pleased to announce that the application for the 2020 Environmental Fellows Program is now open! The Environmental Fellows Program is a nationally competitive summer fellowship program for masters and doctoral students that seeks to place students traditionally underrepresented in the environmental field and those committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in summer fellowships with environmental foundations and their grantees.
Deadline to apply is February 1, 2020.
The Environmental Fellows Program involves:
· A 12-week fellowship at either an environmental grantmaking foundation, or at one of their grantees. Past placement sites include: Center on Race, Poverty & the Environment; Appalachian Voices; Natural Resources Defense Council, New England Grassroots Environment Fund, the Erb Family Foundation and many more!
· A stipend of $11,000 plus a travel allowance for participating fellows.
· Participation in the Environmental Grantmakers Association Fall Retreat.
· Fellows work on a variety of environmental issues including but not limited to: environmental health, energy justice, marine conservation, transit solutions, food justice, and more!
· Fellowship placement sites are available across the country in both major cities and rural locations. Some of our past placements have been located in: The Greater Boston area, Chicago, New York City, San Francisco and Richmond Va.
· Fellows receive training in: diversity, equity, and inclusion; institutional culture; and professional development.
Please also share this opportunity (and the attached flyer) with any graduate students who have an interest in exploring the world of environmental grantmaking/philanthropy and/or are passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion in the environmental field.
We will host an informational webinar on Wednesday November 20, 2019 from 3-4pm EST if you would like to learn more. Please RSVP here. Details and link will be sent to those able to join as the date gets closer.
You can also visit https://efp.seas.umich.edu/ to learn more/apply or feel free to contact M'Lis Bartlett or Victoria Loong at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-936-0900.