The Consulate of Mexico in Philadelphia is pleased to inform that this year the Binational Health Week 2019 (SBS 2019) will take place from September 28th to October 25th at different locations in Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey.
The purpose of the SBS 2019 is to promote health among the Hispanic and Mexican migrant population living in the United States, increasing access to health services that are available locally and mobilizing health providers and community partners in the region to offer their services.
The SBS 2019 will include health promotion and educational activities, referrals to health services, flu clinics, health screenings, workshops on mental health, women's, chronic diseases, communicable diseases among others will be carried out.
The main motto for this year´s edition is “All for health and health for all”. The events will take place at the Consulate of Mexico in Philadelphia and other locations from September 28th to October 25th. Among the events to highlight are:
- September 28th 9:00am - 2:00pm - Health Fair at Central Catholic High School in Alumni Hall, located at 301 S. Neville St. Pittsburgh, PA 15213.
- September 29th 1:00pm - 3:00pm - Health Fair at Saint Francis of Sales Catholic Church, located at 4625 Springfield Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19143.
- October 1st 10:30am - 1:00pm - SBS 2019 - Opening event and Health Fair at the Consulate of Mexico in Philadelphia, located at 111 S. Independence Mall East, Suite 310, Philadelphia, PA 19106.
- October 6th 1:00pm - 3: 00pm - Health Fair at Saint Patrick Church, located at 714 DeKalb St, Norristown, PA 19401.
- October 7th 9:30am - 1:00pm - Family Health Fair at the Consulate of Mexico in Philadelphia, located at 111 S. Independence Mall East, Suite 310, Philadelphia, PA 19106.
- October 8th 9:30am - 12:00pm - Women's Health Fair at the Consulate of Mexico in Philadelphia, located at 111 S. Independence Mall East, Suite 310, Philadelphia, PA 19106.
- October 10th 9:30am - 12:30pm – World Mental Health Day´s workshop at the Consulate of Mexico in Philadelphia, located at 111 S. Independence Mall East, Suite 310, Philadelphia, PA 19106.
- October 19th 9:00am - 1:00pm - Health Fair at Route 9 Library & Innovation Center, located at 3022 New Castle Ave, New Castle, DE 19720.
- October 22nd 9:30am - 12:30pm – Flu Clinic at the Consulate of Mexico in Philadelphia, located at 111 S. Independence Mall East, Suite 310, Philadelphia, PA 19106.
For more information you can visit the website: http://semanabinacionalmexicousa.org/calendarios/Filadelfia.pdf or e-mail email@example.com and/or call 215-923-8384 ext. 510
Spanish Development Playgroup offers Spanish language playgroups for preschoolers in Philadelphia.
They are currently looking for part-time Spanish-speaking assistant instructors for our playgroups!
Check the Job Listing Below:
Part-time assistant SPANISH Language Preschool Instructors in Philadelphia, PA.
Help run Spanish language playgroups for preschoolers with The Spanish Development Playgroup! Candidates must be fluent Spanish speakers, have some experience working with small children, and be energetic, prompt and organized. Competitive pay and a great opportunity to work with a growing company.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The F-Word is officially seeking submissions for our Fall 2019 Issue!
At The F-Word, we define feminism as the demand for the equality of all people, regardless of gender, sexuality, race, ethnicity, or religion. We firmly believe that feminist art and writing can be a powerful driver of positive social, political, and cultural change. We aim to provide a platform that privileges the voices of women, queer people, people of color, and other ethnic and religious minorities and help them share those voices with the world. In doing so, we hope to foster a dialogue and put a balanced face on feminism to show that this movement is not just for white women.
For this issue we are accepting poetry, shorter fiction pieces and black and white art. That said, if you have pieces that do not fit into those categories, feel free to send them in and we'll be sure to consider them for our Spring issue! If you have non-literary pieces, they may also be considered for our blog.
While we do accept submissions on a rolling basis, we ask that those who would like their work considered for the Fall issue submit to email@example.com no later than November 4th, 2019. Submissions should be sent in a Word document; PDF documents will not be reviewed. If you are submitting art, please include an artist statement and the medium of the piece. Multiple submissions are encouraged. We also accept submissions in languages other than English.
Penn Violence Prevention is hosting the Men & Masculinties Summit and is looking for students to help organize the summit! For all those interested in hearing more or want to help plan the summit the first meeting is Wednesday September 25th, at 6:30pm in the Women's Center.
Men Against Rape and Sexual Assault share our open application for this semester. We've had great involvement with La Casa Latina in the past, and I was hoping you could join us! Application: https://forms.gle/gitFbbRoBmcHwZHw9
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a mindfulness-based program that teaches people skills to manage the multiple stressors in their lives. Research on MBSR suggests that it can support wellbeing.
Participants attend eight weekly, two and a half hour classes and a one-day, 7 hour guided day of mindfulness practices. Each session consists of a guided sitting meditation, a form of mindful movement practice (e.g. walking meditation, basic guided mindful movement), brief discussion, and a teaching on the application of a mindfulness concept to everyday life.
Participants are expected to practice the learned mindfulness skills daily. These daily practices take a minimum of 25 minutes, with a recommendation to gradually increase the practice time to 45 minutes a day. Remember, the more you practice the easier it can be to integrate the skills learned in the course into your daily life.
MBSR SESSIONS (WEDNESDAYS 4:15pm - 6:45pm):
September 11th (Mandatory orientation session) through November 6th.
Saturday, October 26th (Day of Mindfulness, 9:45am - 4pm)
To proceed with registration, please contact Aurora Casta, MD.